We have seen a drastic rise in demand for pre-existing records management in this decade. The digital revolution has added new branches in this industry in terms of storage and management of records and documents. Since the technology is changing at a great pace, the cloud based technology is trending in this play. The whole vertical of document storage and archiving is shifting their wings towards cloud technology after cloud based document storage and retrieval come to the acknowledgment.
Especially the trends have changed drastically in the past couple of years. Rarely organizations are opting for onsite document storage rather all are well known now a days with the benefits of offsite document storage services. Creating and keeping a backup of stored digital files has been the most preferred choice of companies as they can have access to the backup of their data and can access it anytime anywhere when they require.
The trend of Digital Archiving -Redefining Documents Storage:
Due to multiple reasons like an unlimited amount of storage availability, anytime everywhere availability, fast document access, and a lot more business helping features are the key components that have given this electronic document management system the highest ratings and rising demand.
We can see ample examples in our day to day life that can be considered as a perfect example of how technologies are changing the way documents work like online drives etc. Online and digital platforms are not only capable of maintaining millions and millions of records and digital documents rather they have also opened up many more secondary features making the process of document management, storage, processing, and retrieval easy and business ready.
Some of the benefits Of Cloud-based document storage:
- Reduces manpower used to manage the physical documents
- Decrease the burden of physical records & low document management cost
- Remove the need for Storage warehouses, packaging, and boxing.
- Offers instant access to the data & fastest records retrieval facilities.
- DMS can be accessed from a desktop as well as mobile
- Cloud Storage provides an unlimited amount of digital storage space and easily accessible.
How to modernize existing physical document management system
Cloud storage will not come into existence until and unless you eliminate all the paper documents or physical records. So the basic step is to firstly go for the digitization of the existing paper documents. You can use a number of ways for scanning the physical document or just hire some professionals offering document digitization services.
Revolutionizing Trends for Physical Document Management:
- Instead of onsite document management, always prefer offsite document storage warehouses.
- Install Blast proof vaults to store and back up documents that possess high information value to company or records which are stored in electronic storage devices.
- Use AI automated digitization services so that you can quickly digitize your physical documents.
- Use email and fax system for faster record delivery and disposition.
- Use waterproof boxes to store your paper-based records and documents.
- Implement advance smoke detectors, water hydrants, and fire extinguishers to prevent uncertain accidents.
- Deploy LASER based identification devices, 24*7 CCTV surveillance.